Thursday, June 28, 2007

Friend to a Stranger

So I had lunch today with a friend that I haven't seen for about a year now. And I remember feeling really scared and nervous to go meet her. I'm like that everytime I go out to meet someone. Let it be friends who i've known nearly my entire life or even family, I'll get this unsettling feeling inside. No idea where it comes from.

Anyways on the way I kept thinking how awkward it was going to be. Like there'll be awkward silence cos we have nothing to say those kinda stuff. I even made a list of things in my head of what to ask and stuff to talk about just in case you know. But I didn't have to use them. Thank God.

I guess what I'm trying to say is how lucky it is to find someone you can talk to and that they are actually interested to hear what you have to say and not have to be afraid of what they might think of you. These friendships are rare and if you happen to be in one of them, hold on to it and never let go. Cos if you do trust me you'll regret it.

I used to have two very close friends. We were unseperatable, we would do everything together and most of the times it would get us into trouble. Those were the days when we would meet each other everyday without fail. Then as we grew older unfortunately we grew apart. I can't really remember the exact moment it all change but from that moment onwards we were strangers, literally.

Trust me I would do anything to get it back, to the way it was but it takes two to tango. Well I guess in this case it would take three.

Song of the moment : The Hereafter - Back Where I Was

No comments: